Fed up with Facebook

1. 4 months ago

soundrecipemusic

Nov 24 User since 2017 + 295 RP
    Edited 4 months ago by soundrecipemusic

Im pretty fed up with facebook as for now. After unsuccesful image-based ad i freezed i wanted to start an add promoting my facebook page - rather than trying to sell customers my offer - with the video of one of my instrumentals. Now ad wasn't accepted and i got a strike on my account - WTF?! No explanations given, after numerous emails asking them to guide me on what went wrong.

Im really thinking about alternatives like LinkedIn or any others, I think LinkedIn is even better for business but can you link it to your VUE site?

Maybe there are other options, any suggestions?

2. minty

Nov 24 User since 2016 + 348 RP

Hell with Facebook, every god damn notification I get from them is.

'

'.$orderedList('1. Do you want to boost your post?
      2. Do you want to create an add?
      3. You should spend money bro
      4. Hey, I know we asked you 10 times this week to spend money...but how about now?
      ').'

'

Greedy fucks.

3. an0nym0u5beats

Nov 24 Power Contributor User since 2016 Los Angeles + 1899 RP

Online promoting is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY over rated and saturated. Your customers are being bombarded and buried with ads, spam and buckets of shit every second of every day. Artists today are looking for personal touches and going the extra mile. Anyone can offer a beat nowdays.

Leave the house, go to a show, introduce yourself to an artist and you'll have them for life.

4. sontwisted

Nov 24 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 1779 RP
    Edited 4 months ago by sontwisted

You may have violated their terms of service with something in your ad and facebook wont explain what you did wrong they have 2 billion users theres no way they can respond to every user not quickly anyway

5. triplehomicide

Nov 24 User since 2016 + 404 RP

@an0nym0u5beats' Online promoting is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY over rated and saturated. Your customers are being bombarded and buried with ads, spam and buckets of shit every second of every day. Artists today are looking for personal touches and going the extra mile. Anyone can offer a beat nowdays.

Leave the house, go to a show, introduce yourself to an artist and you'll have them for life.

While I agree with you, only problem here is scaling.

6. an0nym0u5beats

Nov 24 Power Contributor User since 2016 Los Angeles + 1899 RP

Very true' @triplehomicide' but that goes the same regardless.

Either you have done a combined 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 facebook, twitter, soundcloud posts/ads and emails and now have a total of 100 recurring clients...

or

You have gone to 300 shows and met 500 artists in real life and now have a total of 100 recurring clients.

At some point, your going to hit a roof regardless of how you scale. You are only 1 person and can only make so many quality beats a week/month to keep up with demand.

Eventually you will have to turn clients away or they will go elsewhere because...
    A. Your quality isnt the same it used to be
    or
    B. They are no longer willing to wait the time it takes for their custom beat to be made

Another thing to realize is that typically, the more popular you get, you will actually start to see a slight decline in sales. Your overall sales will continue to rise, but "scale" wise, you'll be selling less. You'll be popular, but mostly due to the sheer amount of free downloads via youtube and SoundCloud. Basically your "free" clients will always outnumber your "paying" clients.

Anyway, just something to think about ;)

7. soundrecipemusic

Nov 26 User since 2017 + 295 RP
    Edited 4 months ago by soundrecipemusic

'@sontwisted' im not sure what content in the video violated their terms, it was just photo of the Impala with audio spectrum. May be the sample tho. Anyways im having fun with FB right now as they blocked me from loggin-in.

Here's the video:

8. sontwisted

Nov 26 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 1779 RP

'@soundrecipemusic' you have too much text on the video thats what violated their ad policy the text cant take up more than 20% of the image

9. soundrecipemusic

Nov 26 User since 2017 + 295 RP

'@sontwisted' well that didn't crossed my mind lol so i guess that may be the issue. will see if i can do anything about it, thanks!

10. '@soundrecipemusic' dope track man

11. Even though Instagram is technically Facebook, I've seen more engagement period (ads or no ads) versus Facebook. I have no idea why.

12. Ibsenproducer

Dec 17 Power Contributor User since 2016 Venezuela + 1403 RP

facebook disable my account too

13. triplehomicide

Dec 17 User since 2016 + 404 RP
    Edited 4 months ago by triplehomicide

IG > FB...getting way more inquiries & engagement even though IG is a little more expensive than FB.

Here’s where FB ads get fucked up.

Video ads will get u alotta bullshit traffic to your website. Why? When someone sees your video on their timeline & they click the video, FB will send them back to the video with your website below it. This is bad because if they never scroll down to check out the site, you still get charged for the click.

People might just wonna watch the video but FB will still send them to your website regardless of they click the video or click the CTA button. You can get alotta cheap clicks like this but....yeah.

When you check your google analytics, you will see most of FB traffic is trash because of this.

Image ads on FB will get you better traffic but still if someone click directly on the pic, they will be sent to your site. They don’t have to click the CTA button to get to your site.

Meanwhile on IG, none of this happens. If someone makes it to your site from IG, it’s becuase they clicked the CTA button or they clicked through to your profile & then clicked the link in your bio. They actually wanted to come. This automatically means better quality traffic.

Hopes this helps.

14. Dreamstar

Dec 18 User since 2014 Italy + 674 RP

@Ibsenproducer '; facebook disable my account too

Wait....why?

15. sontwisted

Dec 18 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 1779 RP

Use conversions and cpm

16. Ibsenproducer

Dec 18 Power Contributor User since 2016 Venezuela + 1403 RP

@Dreamstar' Wait....why?

I was managing a page, which had the name of a company and the company was sending requests for copyright, they closed my personal facebook and the page, I made contact with the company and we agreed that I would close the page to get my account back Personal, I wrote to facebook 3 weeks ago and still do not respond, there I had many clients, friends and contacts.

17. Ibsenproducer

Dec 18 Power Contributor User since 2016 Venezuela + 1403 RP

@Dreamstar' Wait....why?

thanks to GOD, my fan page is not deactivated, but I want my personal account, to send them to another platform or to my fan page.

18. LetzWerkBeats

Dec 19 User since 2016 + 40 RP

Click here for vid with 160k views

I had an unrelated video on my personal page get 10M views this weekend which made my other vehicles get traffic. I know have a beat video with a 160k views. No sales from it yet but I'm getting alot of inquiries and some email sign-ups. I am starting to realize the game is too saturated to be an "online only" beatmaker. You gotta go shake some hands. People do business with people.

Much success to us all!

19. triplehomicide

Dec 19 User since 2016 + 404 RP

@LetzWerkBeats' am starting to realize the game is too saturated to be an "online only" beatmaker. You gotta go shake some hands. People do business with people.

Thats why you gotta bring the "person" online. Too many producers are just logos & beats. Artists have no clue what they look like, how they voice sound, where they from...nothing.

or Sign Up to reply!