Marketing for 2017

1. last year

Tyson

25 Sep 2017 User since 2016 Hawaii + 804 RP

I feel like I need new marketing ideas, maybe some old school tactics like going to shows and stuff. Guys, gals, please share some marketing tactics for 2017.

2. Helix

25 Sep 2017 User since 2015 San Diego, California + 802 RP

I was thinking the same thing, I feel Facebook ads are a f*cking waste and getting "popular" on instagram and getting a poppin Facebook page is super hard work and requires money to get minimal traction.

I'd be interested in ideas too.

3. an0nym0u5beats

26 Sep 2017 Power Contributor User since 2016 Los Angeles + 1969 RP

My stance...

https://soundgine.com/forum/index.php/1403-how-do-you-market-your-music/p1#p12090

4. maddmannmuzik

26 Sep 2017 User since 2016 Aiken, S.C. + 667 RP

going to shows or meet and greets are still some of the best ways to get leads. your face and mouthpiece is your business card. Me personally, i find that a great MAJORITY of artists you see at functions are out and about for a reason. though we live in a digital age, there is nothing like a live performance. they are on their grind and obviously willing to invest, vs the youtube/instagram rapper. lately I've been finding a lot of young and older artists that decided to give music a go and don't know where to start. we exchange numbers, we develop a number on a budget they can afford and i produce. it may be one track, and EP or a whole project. It all begins with making the artist feel like more than a dollar. You have to be willing to be beside them to ensure the track goes somewhere. thats the dedication they look for.

5. Blacksheep

26 Sep 2017 User since 2016 Washington + 367 RP

@maddmannmuzik' It all begins with making the artist feel like more than a dollar.

Well Said.

or Sign Up to reply!