MyFlashStore

1. 3 months ago

an0nym0u5beats

Jul 22 Power Contributor User since 2016 Los Angeles + 1662 RP

is now AirBit...

https://airbit.com/blog/myflashstore-is-now-airbit/

For anyone wondering about the competition ;)

2. 80z

Jul 22 User since 2015 + 819 RP

Airbit.....does it do Bluetooth?

3. minty

Jul 22 User since 2016 + 311 RP

Competiton for the new Apple Airpods me thinks.

4. _pm

Jul 22 User since 2016 + 553 RP

lol!!

5. an0nym0u5beats

Jul 22 Power Contributor User since 2016 Los Angeles + 1662 RP

I agree, terrible name for a beat platform. I wonder if they were bought out or under a new owner, pretty ballzy to change the name of an already established company.

6. knocksquared

Jul 24 User since 2014 Atlanta Ga area + 939 RP

I know the owner personally. He is still the owner. Its obvious why the name change (IMO) ... how long do you think a name with "MyFlash" in it would last. Honestly I wonder why he didn't do it sooner. I am not sure why the "Airbit" name nor did I ask, but my guess is he plans to branch into other areas also, which aint a bad thing..lol.

7. Darkair

Jul 24 User since 2015 San Francisco + 224 RP

Here's the problem. I read the owner said "Air" in Airbit means cloud. I think he doesn't understand the concept of cloud computing. Uploading beats to a server doesn't constitute "cloud".

A cloud service is something like Dropbox, Amazon Web Services, Google Drive etc...

He most likely really wanted to use the word Air and made up a reason why later.
    Meh...don't care.

For everyone else reading this, make sure you name your business properly.

8. Darkair

Edited 3 months ago by Darkair

@an0nym0u5beats Because Flash is on its last leg. I wonder how long @Soundgine will keep the Engine alive.

9. an0nym0u5beats

Jul 24 Power Contributor User since 2016 Los Angeles + 1662 RP

@Darkair Oh yeah Iv known flash to be dead long long ago, the lack of mobile support was the last nail in the coffin for it. I do think there should be something to replace it though, and im sure there will be some day.

Most stuff is HTML 5 now-adays anyway, and does just fine imo. Its not quite "flash", but most people dont know or care what these things are anyway lol

10. Darkair

@an0nym0u5beats Until their browser blocks flash without warning. You and I know how to allow our browser to display easily, but not everybody is that savvy. This really puts a damper on store owners hoping that users know how to enable flash.

I was a flash developer myself when Flash was the king, back when http://2advanced.com/ was setting the bar with motion graphics.

11. an0nym0u5beats

Jul 24 Power Contributor User since 2016 Los Angeles + 1662 RP

@Darkair dude! I havent heard 2advanced in yeaaaaaaaaaaaaars!!! Man what a blast from the past! I looked up to that site when i was a flash developer myself, they were the mecca of amazing flash sites and works.

yeah its sad, now everything is wordpress lol We have come so far in the world of the web, yet so little at the same time.

I wish there was something like if bootstrap and flash had a baby. I hope someone, somewhere is working on that.

12. Darkair

Jul 25 User since 2015 San Francisco + 224 RP

@an0nym0u5beats Totally agree, now all we have left are totally uninspiring websites for the sale of being compatible with devices, really sad.

Websites back then had real creativity, I miss those experimental websites. Remember Gmunk? Fantasy Interfaces?

You're right, now all I see is Wordpress and tricked out Jquery with major limitations.

I can't seem to find any links to the old 2advanced websites, let me know if you find any links.

or Sign Up to reply!