Split Payments gonna happen?

1. 2 years ago

knocksquared

2 Jul 2017 Power Contributor User since 2014 Atlanta Ga area + 1225 RP

I know I started asking about this last year...and a few times yall said it was about to be worked on. Is this going to happen or not?
    Would just like to know because if its not then I can stop asking and hoping lol.

Don't try to get to intricate with it....maybe whatever song/beat is bought then make it so multiple paypals can get paid. Like in my case, when a Beat Tag is bought from my player and its a female tag, the payments can be split automatically, and sent to each paypal. Maybe in the settings you can have a place where you can enter the amount that would go to each person.

2. Soundgine

2 Jul 2017 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17594 RP

We will most definitely try to bundle that up with that feature bundle release for August. We are currently finishing up Birdsong.

We are definitely not stalling intentionally, but we would like to finish some critical updates.' @Codemaker' is aware of this and we have it on a priority list.

3. Darkair

2 Jul 2017 User since 2015 San Francisco + 304 RP

Seeing that you have different types of voicetags "male and female" you should consider different tabs for easy browsing. One tab for "male" another for "female" etc

4. knocksquared

2 Jul 2017 Power Contributor User since 2014 Atlanta Ga area + 1225 RP

@Darkair' Seeing that you have different types of voicetags "male and female" you should consider different tabs for easy browsing. One tab for "male" another for "female" etc

Thanks fam. I actually had the male - female tabs setup initially when I just put everything up there yesterday... but when I looked at it on mobile..it doesn't automatically show the tabs. You have to click the hamburger menu to see the tabs and I am trying to avoid anyone clicking that. Its simply because I am using the M7 to sell something most are not selling, so I try to keep the buyer away from things that pertain to buying beats (which I don't sell of course) and when the menu is open its all kinds of things that could distract the buyer. I may still give it a shot though because you are correct, it looks cleaner when they are separated.

5. Darkair

2 Jul 2017 User since 2015 San Francisco + 304 RP

Yeah, just a thought.

70% of sales come from a desktop, mainly because artists want to hear the beat through quality speakers, so I don't but all my love into mobile users.

6. All Star

2 Jul 2017 User since 2016 + 128 RP

@Darkair' mainly because artists want to hear the beat through quality speakers

I've bought tags from different places myself and I will never buy hearing it from a mobile device again (low peaks and blown out sections of the tag) which I could hear clearly on real speakers. Tags may not require the best audio quality but it blows my mind when people buy exclusives using an iPhone. I seen artists scramble for a refund when they actually hear it in a professional studio.

7. Tyson

2 Jul 2017 User since 2016 Hawaii + 882 RP

@All Star' Tags may not require the best audio quality

You don't want to fuck up on a bad quality made tag. It's like putting cheap Walmart wax on a Ferrari. I've heard knockhouse is a quality product, so there's no worry there, but I've seen tons of beat tag places pop up everywhere.

A cute girl with a $40 Sony Mic doesn't cut it.

8. knocksquared

3 Jul 2017 Power Contributor User since 2014 Atlanta Ga area + 1225 RP

@Darkair' Yeah, just a thought.

70% of sales come from a desktop, mainly because artists want to hear the beat through quality speakers, so I don't but all my love into mobile users.

I actually just gave them their own categories again (like you suggested).... and yeah I feel you on the desktop still being king...I mean I get a lot of mobile sales but they are in no way close to the desktop sales.

I like how they look separated anyway :-)

9. Ibsenproducer

3 Jul 2017 Power Contributor User since 2016 Venezuela + 2155 RP

Hey' @knocksquared' how are you bro? i am using the Playlist for Sell the tags separated
    of my beats, check here how i implement with the PODS. Voicetags Pod example

10. countmorris

4 Jul 2017 User since 2015 Orlando, Florida + 668 RP

I'm also patiently waiting for the Split Payments feature to be added. This is a great feature which will really help alleviate the problem with collab payments. I soon plan to make a producer collective website where I will be featuring 6-10 different producers to sell beats on, and this feature would help make things alot easier on an administration end.

or Sign Up to reply!