Youtube & Sales Failing

1. 2 years ago

obiedaz

10 Jun 2017 User since 2016 Velon, Greece + 225 RP

Hey Guys. So I've Been Making Music for Over 9 Years Now. Before i Made My Own Website Here , I Started a Youtube Channel , in
    2014 Which was Going Great. and I Mean , Real Great. I Made About 20k of Subscribers until the end of 2014. As The Years Where Passing by , there was a small and i mean Real Small increase to that for the Past 3 Years , which now has led me to 42k Subscribers on Youtube. The Thing is , My Views are lower than ever in Youtube. I Was Making 100k views per video back then , and now i make 10k per video. and that's the best occasion. i still have beats that have 2k views for like a month or so.

Also , My Sales are getting pretty bad too. i'm not sure why though. i mean , i haven't changed anything lately.( Prices , Quality of the product , Quality of Services , Quantity ) I'm Making more and more Discounts and Offers , But i still can't get a single sale! When i first started the website , i was selling like 10 leases per month or so. now , i cannot sell 1 ..

I Know about Youtube that the algorithm changes a lot and it affects my downfall , but still there's channels newer than me , that make it "bigger". both on views and subscribes.

Also , about the sales , I'm not sure what is wrong. i mean i think my website looks nice , My Beats are labeled correctly. all of them have a thumbnail & a video link to my Youtube Upload. I Know nothing About SEO or keywords tags etc. Maybe that's why. I Dunno Though.

Is there anyone who can help me with these matters please?

Thanks in Advance.

-ObieDaz

P.S:
    My Website : www.obiedaz.com
    My Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCFK73Kf14Rko1WUdAoCPyw

2. sontwisted

10 Jun 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2249 RP

you need to start running ads to drive traffic organic reach is limited everywhere

3. obiedaz

Hey' @sontwisted' , can you please explain to me a little better ? What do you mean ?

4. maddmannmuzik

10 Jun 2017 User since 2016 Aiken, S.C. + 667 RP

Well you definitely got the talent on lock. Theres only 2 points i can offer that actually helped my sales increase.
    1.marketing: I love to make all genres of music. but alot of my keywords that would actually bring traffic would bring certain customers. id be making a little of everything but was catching traffic from people looking for trap. and so on. know exactly who youre trying to target. back in 2014 it was easier to get organic traffic. organic traffic just meaning people actually found you during a search. its a little more complicated than that but thats just a quick explanation. these days you have to be specific to your market because people tend to only return to shop with you if they know you specialize in that particular genre. youll be the go-to guy for their music.

2. sound choice: this was something i just RECENTLY got critiqued on by a major. i had the talent it was just poor sound choice. Im a hip hop head and alot of it showed through my beats. but everyone is trying to ride the new wave so now the sounds that never made sense harmonically are now the new standard. things that may have been the shit in 2014 now will sound outdated to the kiddos these days. have to keep up with the times.

I can say you definitely have some bangers on your site and i saw that in the first ten tracks. One word of advice, the video is too large for your viewing area. try to bring your beat player a little more into focus in the upper area, it helps with retention/bounce rate. trust me.

other than that, learn that keyword/seo business asap. it is essential as all the sources depend on that heavily now.

5. obiedaz

I see . Well thanks for the good words mate. I really appreciate your feedback. I'm
    More of a boom bap guy myself but I make everything as well . I also study audio engineering and music production . I was wondering though. Where can I find some good knowledge for seo and stuff like that ? I've tried google but has no good
    Luck. Thanks again .

6. maddmannmuzik

10 Jun 2017 User since 2016 Aiken, S.C. + 667 RP

'@obiedaz' sign up for semrush. it is an all in one seo solution. it gives you detailed info on keywords, whos using them, how they use them, how they convert, it analyses your website and gives you tips to increase traffic. its a god send and best of all its free.

7. mixscape

10 Jun 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 France + 2890 RP
    Edited 2 years ago by mixscape

@obiedaz' Also , about the sales , I'm not sure what is wrong. i mean i think my website looks nice , My Beats are labeled correctly. all of them have a thumbnail & a video link to my Youtube Upload. I Know nothing About SEO or keywords tags etc. Maybe that's why. I Dunno Though.

Creating a Blog is a great and easy way to boost your SEO and traffic. Luckily,' @soundgine' has recently added an option to add a blog to VUE :)

8. obiedaz

11 Jun 2017 User since 2016 Velon, Greece + 225 RP

'@maddmannmuzik' I've checked it out but i cant see the free option . there's only a free 7day trail and then 99 USD monthly bro.
    '
    @mixscape' , i've installed the blogkit too but i dont know what to post there ^_^;
    any suggestions?

9. killtraxxx

11 Jun 2017 User since 2017 SF + 662 RP

'@obiedaz' Here's a good thread here
    https://soundgine.com/forum/index.php/1509-how-to-create-a-seo-rich-blogpost-beatmaker

10. obiedaz

11 Jun 2017 User since 2016 Velon, Greece + 225 RP

'@killtraxxx' thanks bro i will check this out. it looks full of info :D

11. itbangz

11 Jun 2017 Power Contributor User since 2016 + 1528 RP

your beats sound like 2003. that not good, not bad, you just need to market them as boom-bap and so on, there are buyers for all styles.

12. sontwisted

12 Jun 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2249 RP

'@obiedaz' instead of trying to reach more people organically start running facebook ads,google adwords ads and youtube trueview ads targeting the artist who would most likely fit with your music and drive them directly to you. And go here to get seo,marketing,vue etc tips https://soundgine.com/forum/index.php/1441-a-producer-s-toolbox/0#p12442

13. legendarybeatz

12 Jun 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1953 RP

'@obiedaz' congrats for your success in past years man! As everyone is telling you, times have changed. In order to stay on top nowadays, you have to be able to innovate and change with the times. Especially with youtube. I use a tool called TubeBuddy to show me how my videos are ranking and also it gives suggestions on what keywords I should use. Also, as a producer on youtube, I believe it's hard now to just have videos of new beats, but instead try to incorporate content that can help artists. Or you can go the route of providing information for Producers. You can then maybe create courses or products for more sales, or you can use that content to bring more artists to your website.

Artists now, know that everyone and their moms create beats now. They are all over youtube, but you have to do something that makes you different than the rest. Also, you should try providing your services on other websites like fiverr.com. I have been using their website and since there are already buyers on the site looking for music production services, it has been working great.

Here are the links that I suggest you check out. These are my affiliate links, but both of these sites are free to sign up. Tube buddy has a free Chrome extension that you can use. I paid for the pro version.

Links:
    - https://www.tubebuddy.com/legendarybeatz
    - https://www.fiverr.com/s2/49dbc1955c

Hope this information helped!

14. obiedaz

12 Jun 2017 User since 2016 Velon, Greece + 225 RP

'@sontwisted' , Thanks for the link brother. there's a lot of posts i should check out there!
    '
    @legendarybeatz' , Thanks bro and i appreciate your words. well i've thought about making tutorials and stuff before , but i've never done it..! i will put it on schedule though , that's for sure.
    Also i had no clue for these 2 options you gave me. i signed up for both and i'll check em out. i appreciate your support !

15. legendarybeatz

12 Jun 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1953 RP

'@obiedaz' You are welcome! My most popular video is my "how to record vocals in fl studio" lol. And of course everyone who is viewing that video are producers. So the fact is, you can very well provide content for both sides. Or you can stick to one. You just have to make sure your content is something that can attract them. I also provide information music business, contracts, encouragement and etc. Haven't been posting much beats lately, but at least when someone comes to my youtube profile, they actually learn something that helps them with their career. Makes them want to trust you more and maybe check out your beats

16. 80z

12 Jun 2017 User since 2015 + 863 RP

'@obiedaz' You have good beats, you are currently ranked #20.

17. obiedaz

12 Jun 2017 User since 2016 Velon, Greece + 225 RP

'@legendarybeatz' , I See. well i will start some tutorial series for sure then. i was wondering tho , i cant find your channel on youtube. can you send me a link?
    '
    @80z' , thanks bro. appreciate it. what is that? ( i mean the ranking ) ?

18. 808

12 Jun 2017 User since 2016 + 246 RP

'@obiedaz' Charts and Market

https://soundgine.com/charts/

19. legendarybeatz

13 Jun 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1953 RP

'@obiedaz' yea man, my youtube link is www.youtube.com/legendarypromotv

20. obiedaz

13 Jun 2017 User since 2016 Velon, Greece + 225 RP

'@808' , oh great. i see. thanks a lot!
    '
    @legendarybeatz' , i subscribed to your channel bro. i see some quality content there. great job!

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!