Add Youtube videos to your beats. Increase Sales

1. 4 years ago

Soundgine

7 Jun 2017 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 22810 RP
    Edited 4 years ago by Soundgine

Attaching an Youtube video to your beat will give customers more insight about you and give the buyer more confidence to buy. You youtube video will not be seen in your beat player, but also the Charts

-image-

Click "buy" for the NickVanelli" beat currently ranked #2

Many of you are not utilizing this feature, but you should. The reason I'm telling you this is that our charts is that producers that include a Youtube video increases sales by 35%

Adding a youtube video can be done on the Upload beats section, click on the small Youtube icon on the right. Don't add in the full browser link, just the Youtube ID number.

Just a tip for the day.

2. Tone

7 Jun 2017 Power Contributor User since 2016 Florida USA + 1189 RP

What kind of video do you see help out the most?

3. Soundgine

7 Jun 2017 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 22810 RP

Good question, I should have included that in my original post. Order of importance

#1: A quick Hi, Thanks, Goodbye for a long way.

A very short video where you just say hello and thank your viewers for listening to your beats and if you have any questions give them your email, phone. Maybe explain any other services you offer, keep it under 2 minutes. The important part is they just want to see your face.

This was a request from record labels and firms that want to connect with people they could be working with in the future. Also customers feel better knowing who they are buying from.

#2: Music Videos (Traditional or Creative)

An actual music video with your beat where things are in motion. An image that just sits there while the music is playing is pointless. We have had producers get creative with videos, for example, there was a video where it was just filming people walking on the beach during the sunset and it was nicely edited.

You don't need to hire actors and have a crazy budget, just be creative, most phones shoot in HD, add a film filter on Vegas or Final Cut and there you go. The main idea here is give your beat a visual feel.

Some producers have had jobs produce their own music videos with record label funding.

We get it
    Some of you have never shot a video or don't feel comfortable in front of the camera and we understand. I'm just giving you some tips to help you stand out from the sea of producers out there.

4. itbangz

8 Jun 2017 Power Contributor User since 2016 + 1637 RP

I see very rarely somebody is clicking video button (next to a beat). Its feels like spending even 30 minutes to make video to get 30 views is pointless, not even talking about spending money on it.

5. Soundgine

8 Jun 2017 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 22810 RP

@itbangz May seem pointless to you, but this is what our top earners and doing and what record companies want to see, especially in the charts and market.

6. 360

8 Jun 2017 User since 2016 + 253 RP

What @Soundgine saying makes perfect sense and better than a company that has all the data to make this conclusion. My problem is that I need to get off my ass and create a welcome video.

7. cristic

8 Jun 2017 User since 2017 + 38 RP

I agree, we are living in a Youtube age where people psychologically want to connect with the person making the beat or selling a product.

Let me rephrase that, it helps when people can see who they are buying from, this is fact and part of marketing 101 basics.

8. cristic

8 Jun 2017 User since 2017 + 38 RP

@360 Well at least you're honest.

9. DNINE

8 Jun 2017 User since 2016 Brazil + 128 RP

I'd like to add, for those that add a welcome video, PLEASE god oh mighty shoot your video at 720p at the very minimum. I've seen videos that are so damn blurry and pixelated I swear they recorded the video with a toaster.

If you don't have HD quality equipment, don't do it at all.

10. itbangz

8 Jun 2017 Power Contributor User since 2016 + 1637 RP

[quote=13160:@Soundgine]@itbangz May seem pointless to you, but this is what our top earners and doing and what record companies want to see, especially in the charts and market.[/quote]

I was talking about beat videos. The point is, its hard to notice that there is some button to open video (on VUE).
    If I was record label employee, I didn't needed any videos to watch, its all about music.
    For me, youtube beat videos are needed because there are people on youtube searching for beats.

11. Industry

8 Jun 2017 User since 2016 London + 66 RP

@itbangz The image soundgine posted on this thread is not VUE, it's the charts. The video is visible when you click buy to those who utilize this option. If @Soundgine is passing down the info that record companies would like to see a video attached to a beat, where is your confusion?

My guess is that your response will most likely be something against the video idea, and that's ok. Adding a video to beats is not for everybody. Point is, YOU are not a record company and you can't speak for what they want.

12. Tone

8 Jun 2017 Power Contributor User since 2016 Florida USA + 1189 RP

@itbangz

I'm sure @soundgine posted an image of the Marketplace, take a closer look. Customers may overlook the icon in VUE or the player itself, but unavoidable during the purchase process in the marketplace.

[quote=13167:@itbangz]If I was record label employee, I didn't needed any videos to watch, its all about music.
    For me, youtube beat videos are needed because there are people on youtube searching for beats.[/quote]

I disagree with record labels not needed to youtube videos 100%
    I know some producers that have been in videos because they have "that look" and have been included in print material which almost always means more money than what they paid for the actual beat.

13. mixscape

8 Jun 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 France + 3004 RP

Good Advice, i need to work on it ^_^

14. legendarybeatz

12 Jun 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2000 RP

@Soundgine , This is great advice actually, and I don't see any music producer doing that right now. Just a question though, Are you suggesting that a custom video for each beat is made with an intro stating what your services are and thanking the person for checking out that current beat? Or are you saying a general welcome video to be used for any beat upload?

Thanks

15. knocksquared

20 Jun 2017 Power Contributor User since 2014 Atlanta Ga area + 1285 RP

If you gonna do this make sure the video is no more than a minute or two !! Trust me ! Instagram has shifted the patience time down to 1 minute. These days people look at the length of your video BEFORE watching. This means you need to learn how to edit videos in order to get the most bang into that minute...and I don't want to hear no sh@t about "I don't know how to edit" ...YOU ARE A PRODUCER... you automatically have an advantage over everyone else because you are a Creative being.

16. an0nym0u5beats

20 Jun 2017 Power Contributor User since 2016 Los Angeles + 1989 RP

@Soundgine I just added a video link to one of my songs "Air Raid", but it just says "An error occurred, please try again later" with static, no video. This happens when you press the little youtube icon next to the track in the M7 player.

Is this a glitch? Or because now that the beat is sold, i have removed the downloadable content and its just the preview mp3 and thats why the video isnt working?

17. SkillyMusic

20 Jun 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2598 RP

[quote=13320:@an0nym0u5beats]@Soundgine I just added a video link to one of my songs "Air Raid", but it just says "An error occurred, please try again later" with static, no video. This happens when you press the little youtube icon next to the track in the M7 player.

Is this a glitch? Or because now that the beat is sold, i have removed the downloadable content and its just the preview mp3 and thats why the video isnt working?[/quote]

It should work even if you mark beats as sold. Maybe you used the full URL of the video and that's why it isn't working? Because you only need to enter the youtube video ID. The one after "watch?v=" Maybe that caused the error?

18. an0nym0u5beats

20 Jun 2017 Power Contributor User since 2016 Los Angeles + 1989 RP

@SkillyMusic your a genius and im an idiot lol That was exactly the issue.

Somehow i missed the plain as day text saying "do not put the full url" lol

Thanks for the info bro ;)

19. SkillyMusic

20 Jun 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2598 RP

[quote=13322:@an0nym0u5beats]@SkillyMusic your a genius and im an idiot lol That was exactly the issue.

Somehow i missed the plain as day text saying "do not put the full url" lol

Thanks for the info bro ;)[/quote]

lol no problem man :)

or Sign Up to reply!