Selling beats in your city?

1. 2 years ago

Being too broad with your marketing can result in wasted time, money & effort. If you have a certain type of sound, its best to go where that sound is being heavily used by artists & listened to by fans.

I was thinking about narrowing my marketing down to just my city & surrounding area because my sound fits it perfectly.

Other producers here only sell beats manually in person.

I know I can dominate because I have an automated beat site & my marketing skills are pretty good.

But theres only one dilemma though.

I dont know how leasing the same beats to artists in 1 city would work in the long run.

What are your thoughts on leasing beats locally?

2. sontwisted

26 Apr 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2234 RP

That might be a dilema because if you are finding people who actually go perform live and do open mics and gigs chances are they all will be crossing paths and going for the same gigs having them rapping over the same beat might cause issues for them and backlash for you on the other hand if everyone is rapping over your beats it might bring notariety for you just let them know its being leased to other rappers and they can make the decision to purchase or limit the lease say only ten per beat or sell them exclusives only

3. @sontwisted' That might be a dilema because if you are finding people who actually go perform live and do open mics and gigs chances are they all will be crossing paths and going for the same gigs having them rapping over the same beat might cause issues for them and backlash for you on the other hand if everyone is rapping over your beats it might bring notariety for you just let them know its being leased to other rappers and they can make the decision to purchase or limit the lease say only ten per beat or sell them exclusives only

Yeah...its stated on my ads & my site that the beats are non-exclusive.

or Sign Up to reply!