Feedback on beats & site

1. 2 years ago

2663kml

9 Mar 2017 User since 2017 Michigan + 245 RP

What's gd y'all I need some feedback on my beats + on my site overall how my page setup and so on. If I could spare a min of y'all time check me out kmlbeatz.com

2. mymixtapebeats

9 Mar 2017 User since 2017 Atlanta, GA + 469 RP

whats good' @2663kml' First impressions, that header is really huge. It's cool but it's quite large. The beat player isn't "above the fold", so I'd assume this website, because of the header being so large, it'd get a larger bounce rate. No offense, just some constructive criticism to think about.

The beats however, are on point. Great job with those dude!

3. 2663kml

Thanks bro I appreciate it and I'm working on getting a logo done so I just threw something up in the banner for the time being.
    Question what Do you mean The beat player isn't "above the fold" ? And the bounce rate

4. BuyMoreBeatsDotCom

9 Mar 2017 User since 2017 30 Min From Sacramento Nor Cal + 164 RP

Buymorebeatsdotcom here, yeah i would have to agree with' @mymixtapebeats' about the header sitch. And incheck out his site and am impressed with the style that comin out, props to both yall and hope to see you in the future! Www.Buymorebeats.com

5. 2663kml

Thanks , and Yeah I just switched it's still big but it's not offset it's just temp, untill I get my logo& banner made

6. ROBBMAC

9 Mar 2017 User since 2016 Midwest + 405 RP
    Edited 2 years ago by ROBBMAC

@2663kml' Question what Do you mean The beat player isn't "above the fold" ? And the bounce rate

'
    @2663kml' Above The Fold is the part of your web page that can be seen at a given window size and resolution without having to scroll down. Below the fold is everything (content on the page) that you have to scroll to see.

General web design practice is to have the most important items be "above the fold" so that users engage and interact with your content immediately.

A large header image can push more important content down the page "below the fold".

Here's an article to illustrate: https://thetechreviewer.com/tech-tips/web-design-101-what-does-above-the-fold-mean/

Here's a screenshot that I grabbed on my page from a 13" laptop with a Chrome window not even full screen. The beat player is visible even at this window size / resolution and the soundgine autoplay feature gets the audio and visual meter dancing to grab attention.

-image-

7. 2663kml

OK I gotcha makes perfect sense the banner sizing is everything's along with and having the Important information above the fold

8. mymixtapebeats

'@2663kml' yes they are absolutely right. You want the FIRST thing the visitor to see is your beat store after the header. That way they land on your page, "say okay okay I get a feel for what this website is about", then BAM right after they see your beat store.

I created my header myself with Photoshop and Illustrator at the recommended size of 1600px by 600px.

It's big enough to establish what my site is, AND the player is directly under the banner. It also helps if (and soungine does) the beat starts playing immediately. You don't want the visitor to hear it and then scroll down half way JUST to find your beat store.

If anyone needs any further help, please don't be afraid to tag me and ask questions! I have no problems at all helping. We are all in this together. We are not competitors.

9. mymixtapebeats

'@2663kml' that header is still huge lol if you have a logo or want one made, I can make you a header bro. No problem.

10. 2663kml

10 Mar 2017 User since 2017 Michigan + 245 RP

'@mymixtapebeats' how much you charge bro ?

11. an0nym0u5beats

10 Mar 2017 Power Contributor User since 2016 Los Angeles + 1969 RP

Agreed' @mymixtapebeats'

On my laptop, i can only see his banner and have to scroll down to find the beat store. My resolution is 1920 x 1080 if that helps some.

I prefer a smaller header/banner and let the beat store be the showcase but thats just me ;)

12. sontwisted

10 Mar 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2234 RP

the font that you are using makes the letters look fuzzy beats are good though

13. Hova Beats

16 Mar 2017 User since 2015 Rockland County, New York + 17 RP
    Edited 2 years ago by Hova Beats

What's good people. Ive put in a lot of time in my craft as a producer. it would be great if i can get feed back from ya'll it would be greatly appreciated!! if your on social media how about a follow for follow?' @HovaBeats' on instagram and twitter
    www.hovabeats.com
    - Hova Beats

14. mixscape

16 Mar 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 France + 2856 RP

@Hova Beats' What's good people. Ive put in a lot of time in my craft as a producer. it would be great if i can get feed back from ya'll it would be greatly appreciated!! if your on social media how about a follow for follow?' @HovaBeats' on instagram and twitter
    www.hovabeats.com
    - Hova Beats

Are you sure the twitter module is needed ? it looks big..

15. mymixtapebeats

16 Mar 2017 User since 2017 Atlanta, GA + 469 RP

@Hova Beats' What's good people. Ive put in a lot of time in my craft as a producer. it would be great if i can get feed back from ya'll it would be greatly appreciated!! if your on social media how about a follow for follow?' @HovaBeats' on instagram and twitter
    www.hovabeats.com
    - Hova Beats

yeah man that twitter thing is kinda large unless you rearrange it. You do need your beat player before everything else. It's called "Above the fold". Cheers man!

16. ROBBMAC

17 Mar 2017 User since 2016 Midwest + 405 RP

'@Hova Beats'

0. Digging' that "Astroknot" beat!

1. I like your header image and the over all style, but the image is HUGE. I would recommend cutting down the height to get more of your content ATF.

2. Your beat player is too far down the page in my opinion.

3. If you're not counting down to anything, hide your counter.

4. The copyright section looks like it's still in progress, but keep an eye out on the formatting there so far so good.

5. The layout of the twitter / youtube feed are more of an issue for me than the size. (alignment and placement above the beat player)

6. Followed... stay husslin'!

or Sign Up to reply!