Pretending to be a Hot Girl Producer for Sales

1. 6 months ago

godlike

4 Mar 2017 User since 2015 New York + 758 RP
    Edited 6 months ago by godlike

Alright, so I'm not going to mention any names because I'm somewhat cool with the person but I know a guy that has built up a fake image as a hot girl producer. Obviously he's stealing someones collection of pics and has tons of followers on Instagram.

Recent Pic of this "Girl Producer"

-image-

His Reasoning

I asked why, and the reason he said was "artist, especially younger ones have this ego thing and don't want to help out another man eat, but a woman, especially a hot one is a different story. I get that it's shady but my sales have never been higher and that's what matters to me"

Personally, this is NOT how you conduct business. What happens if some exec wants to talk or meet you in person? What happens if you actually found out by somebody that wants to ruin you? I know the person, but it's not in my nature to expose people fully. Don't ask who this person is but I would tell anybody that has ever thought about doing this...

DONT.

Part of being successful is being honest, this pretending to be a girl is deception right off the gate.

2. VPower

4 Mar 2017 User since 2014 Los Angeles + 783 RP

Not that I would support this type of deception, but what actual harm would this do to a buyer? The customer gets the beat and the transaction is done. How is this any different from beatmakers posting pictures of cash and fancy cars as website headers?

3. Tyson

4 Mar 2017 User since 2016 Hawaii + 380 RP

Desperate Level: Infinity

4. PixelSashay

4 Mar 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 2 4 6 + 2095 RP

~Oh my gosh lol (o^_^o) XD

By any means necessary. . .

5. Justin Bieber

5 Mar 2017 User since 2016 City of Los Angeles + 11 RP

@PixelSashay

What Do U mean?

6. highflown

5 Mar 2017 User since 2015 + 520 RP

Wow....this a new level of desperate. Instead of learning how to properly conduct a business, hey lets just pretend to be a chick lmao Seems legit

7. Yeah fuck that because I work personally with customers through skype. I charge them to watch me make their beats. lol I couldn't do that bruh hell nah!

8. Dreamstar

5 Mar 2017 User since 2014 Italy + 611 RP

Being a girl producer, you don't want to pretend to be a female producer. Let's just say I get my fair share of dick pics, just gross! So if you're a male and want that type of attention, go ahead.

-image-

9. 360

5 Mar 2017 User since 2016 + 213 RP

@mymixtapebeats I charge them to watch me make their beats.

That's sounds erotic, lol.

10. @360 maybe that's what I was going for hahaha >:)

11. itbangz

5 Mar 2017 User since 2016 + 699 RP

smart marketing. would be, but that chick easily pop up when you do "find this image in google" thing.

12. Derrian

5 Mar 2017 User since 2015 + 356 RP

What the hell, I can't see the pic of the girl! Anybody else have this issue?

13. thinktank

5 Mar 2017 User since 2016 Palo Alto + 71 RP
    Edited 6 months ago by thinktank

A little web savvy and bam!
    Shady...but holy damn she's hot!

not one keyboard in any of her pics.

https://www.instagram.com/miaalvesc/?hl=en

14. I don't agree with the deception but I understand where he's coming from.

Most of the top selling producers never show their faces. You can dig deep but you will find minimal traces of what they look like. All they are is a logo.

Think about it.

15. @triplehomicide if they're just trying to sell beats and beats only, they don't necessarily have to show their faces. Anyone could set up 10 different websites under 10 different names. It's insane what the web can do for you.

16. PixelSashay

5 Mar 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 2 4 6 + 2095 RP

@Justin Bieber

What Do U mean?

~Simply put, some people will fake it 'til they make it, or do whatever they deem necessary to survive, make ends meet to come out on top, whatever works in their favor.

17. musicbox

5 Mar 2017 User since 2014 Barcelona, Spain + 774 RP

@PixelSashay I think @Justin Bieber was just being sarcastic.

18. @mymixtapebeats Yeah fuck that because I work personally with customers through skype. I charge them to watch me make their beats. lol I couldn't do that bruh hell nah!

Yep, but could more business & money be made if producers actually showed that they are a real person & not just a logo?

19. @triplehomicide it all depends on many factors

20. grim

6 Mar 2017 User since 2016 + 240 RP

Hahahahaha! that's some ghetto shit right there.

*makes new girl profile.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!