Feedback Wanted

1. ‹ Older
  2. 2 years ago

ROBBMAC

16 Mar 2017 User since 2016 Midwest + 405 RP

New teaser video for one of my latest beats. Let me know what you all think. All feedback is welcomed.

3. mixscape

16 Mar 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 France + 2890 RP

Nice website clear and detailed, but a few things are missing in my opinion..
    Why dont you put your videos in a video section on your website ? Or may be you can add the teasers along your beats (there is an option in control panel : link video with this beat). Also, you should add some references (artists rapping/singing on your beats).

keep up the good work !

Mix.

4. ROBBMAC

16 Mar 2017 User since 2016 Midwest + 405 RP

@mixscape' Nice website clear and detailed, but a few things are missing in my opinion..
    Why dont you put your videos in a video section on your website ? Or may be you can add the teasers along your beats (there is an option in control panel : link video with this beat). Also, you should add some references (artists rapping/singing on your beats).

keep up the good work !

Mix.

Hey' @Mixscape'

First thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. Great questions and here are my thoughts and answers.

Nice catch, I didn't get a chance to link the video in my beat this morning before I left for work. :-D

Having a tightly focused website was always a primary goal for M3 Beats. I wanted the beat player to be front and center and able to handle the transactional part of my business rather versus creating a fan page / hub / destination page.

When I sat down to plan my strategy it did not seem reasonable to expect users to hang out on my website for any other reason besides browsing and licensing my music or contacting me. In addition to face-to-face networking locally, I thought it made more sense to leverage other music discovery platforms and social media as promotional / discovery points. They have huge audience sub segments, deep keyword and tag systems that I could manipulate in order to drive interest and engagement from the “right” audience to my content.

Rather than trying to build my brand by hammering my URL on solely on Twitter / FB to try and get people to react to my relatively unknown site; I thought I would try and meet my target audiences where they already are. I intend to show them great content on a regular basis, earn their trust in my quality / brand all while building an organic presence.

To that end, that is why I dropped a beat tape right out the gate to launch the website so that I could have a "reason" to communicate with my audience beyond "check out my beatsite.com” It gives me something substantial to put on bandcamp.com , soundcloud.com datpiff.com etc. that I can promote over 30-days in addition to the individual beats from the project. After that 30-day run… I drop another collection and start over.

I don’t have any allusion that growing the online part of this business will be quick, so I’m going for a methodical approach to build an audience that will want to promote me as much as I want to share content with them. Somewhere through all of that I’m confident that I’ll connect with the right MCs to spit on my tracks or collaborate.

Disclaimer*
    All strategies are subject to change and improvisation.

5. ROBBMAC

27 Mar 2017 User since 2016 Midwest + 405 RP

"Is This Still Hip Hop?" New inspirational / emotional type Beat. Fresh out the DAW. Let me know what you all think?

6. Soundgine

27 Mar 2017 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17608 RP

'@ROBBMAC'

Think there's something going on with your forum sig, causing the text to be oddly formatted.
    Please see the right formatting method here:

https://soundgine.com/forum/index.php/1-getting-started-on-the-forum

7. ROBBMAC

27 Mar 2017 User since 2016 Midwest + 405 RP

@Soundgine'' @ROBBMAC'

Think there's something going on with your forum sig, causing the text to be oddly formatted.
    Please see the right formatting method here

Had two links in my sig, didn't seem to like the bit.ly link mask. [Removed]

8. wzup M3?
    good work, I like couple beats! :)

9. ROBBMAC

10 Apr 2017 User since 2016 Midwest + 405 RP

Thank you sir. Nice site you have there too.

10. YoungLik

20 Apr 2017 User since 2017 + 52 RP

You got some nice stuff playa. Check me out @ http://LikBeatz.com

11. ROBBMAC

27 Apr 2017 User since 2016 Midwest + 405 RP

New beat snippet should be up on my site later today https://www.instagram.com/p/BTZBizlB9rj/

12. last year

ROBBMAC

21 Jun 2018 User since 2016 Midwest + 405 RP

New beats:

13. maddmannmuzik

22 Jun 2018 User since 2016 Aiken, S.C. + 667 RP

i love that you have the player above the fold. im getting ready to go back to the same thing. you have some really dope beats. the only constructive criticism i could give is that some of your beats (not all) sound a bit muffled. give em some air (high end). And maybe enhance the transients on your drums a little. i think native instuments has the CA-2A compressor or you could use smack in pro tools. Or maybe even just parallel compression. You have a great sound, the drums just seem to sit back a little in the mix. Make those drums knock, if necessary add a LITTLE glue on the master channel, and let the beats scream. you DEFINITELY have a raw, authentic sound. It was a pleasure listening to your music.

14. DEVIZE

2 Aug 2018 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 513 RP

Needs an about section, artists prefer humans than robots.

Don't offer mp3s for leases, offer wav files in high quality.

Rename to just M3 BEATS. Make up a slogan cuz M3 is vague , people wanna know what you are about

Theme your site, you have boombap, jazzy, sampled type beat so go with maybe vinyl records, new york city background etc something relating to your style

Best of luck
    DEVIZE

15. Start your playlist like this!

1989 Dodge Dynasty
    Underground Parking
    Gangstas Incorporated

Great tracks!
    '
    @ROBBMAC'

16. Katt

5 Aug 2018 User since 2016 + 179 RP

Get on Hydra beat player instead, especially after the newest updates.

17. ROBBMAC

3 Sep 2018 User since 2016 Midwest + 405 RP

@maddmannmuzik' i love that you have the player above the fold. im getting ready to go back to the same thing. you have some really dope beats. the only constructive criticism i could give is that some of your beats (not all) sound a bit muffled. give em some air (high end). And maybe enhance the transients on your drums a little. i think native instuments has the CA-2A compressor or you could use smack in pro tools. Or maybe even just parallel compression. You have a great sound, the drums just seem to sit back a little in the mix. Make those drums knock, if necessary add a LITTLE glue on the master channel, and let the beats scream. you DEFINITELY have a raw, authentic sound. It was a pleasure listening to your music.

Thanks so much for the feed back. I'm turning my attention back to my site/beat player. Have a lot of new stuff that I'm going to upload here shortly. Have been working on my mix which admittedly has always given me trouble (bass and drums).

18. ROBBMAC

@DEVIZE' Needs an about section, artists prefer humans than robots.

Don't offer mp3s for leases, offer wav files in high quality.

Rename to just M3 BEATS. Make up a slogan cuz M3 is vague , people wanna know what you are about

Theme your site, you have boombap, jazzy, sampled type beat so go with maybe vinyl records, new york city background etc something relating to your style

Best of luck
    DEVIZE

Thanks for the feedback, solid advice on the the WAV files I'll give that a try.

19. ROBBMAC

@chrisville' Start your playlist like this!

1989 Dodge Dynasty
    Underground Parking
    Gangstas Incorporated

Great tracks!
    '
    @ROBBMAC'

Thanks for the reply. I'm uploading new material this week, will definitely be mixing up the order.

20. ROBBMAC

@Katt' Get on Hydra beat player instead, especially after the newest updates.

I tested Hydra when it first came out and wasn't feeling it and didn't feel like trying to figure it out. I just installed it today and seems to work just fine. Uploading new beats this week.

21. ROBBMAC

4 Sep 2018 User since 2016 Midwest + 405 RP

Alright, I updated my store to hydra today and loaded 5 new beats, artwork and videos. I have a lot of material piled up over here that needs to get uploaded this week. In the meantime feedback not the site and music is always appreciated.

-ROBBMAC

or Sign Up to reply!