What's the #1 Thing Producers Must Know?

1. 8 months ago

This forum has provided me tons of wisdom, but I'm curious...if you had a son or daughter following in your footsteps, what would be the #1 piece of advice you would share? Why do I ask? I feel this answer what provoke seriously honest answers.

2. minty

23 Feb 2017 User since 2016 + 311 RP

Stick to making beats if it's what you love and don't do shit jobs you'll end up regretting...like taking scores and robbing banks

-image-

3. Nuro

23 Feb 2017 User since 2016 + 239 RP
    Edited 8 months ago by Nuro

Patience. If you lack it get out or learn how to gain it. It takes time to build brand, trust and loyalty. That has been covered extensively here on this forum.

4. sontwisted

23 Feb 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 1452 RP

Be patient and consistent and relentless

5. #1 thing I think is.. don't SPAM or tag people on social media. It just pisses off potential fans and clients.

A 2nd thing I've found to work wonders, although counter-intuitively, is to not be afraid to walk away from a sale.

6. Tyson

28 Feb 2017 User since 2016 Hawaii + 397 RP

Be diverse...now that Soundgine can record what users are looking for on your store it's good to branch out and create all genres of beats.

7. 3 months ago

Consistency.

My flaw is that I get lazy and don't create for a couple of days, I guess that's not bad. I used to go weeks without making new music, that's a big no-no.

laziness is a quitter's best friend.

8. an0nym0u5beats

Aug 6 Power Contributor User since 2016 Los Angeles + 1662 RP

What the masses think they want to hear ;)

9. an0nym0u5beats

Aug 8 Power Contributor User since 2016 Los Angeles + 1662 RP

Oh yeah, and most importantly, its all about the vocal, not the beat. Unless its crap, i mean trap, then the vocals mean nothing and the beat should be showcased ;)

10. Edited 3 months ago by spacedoutbeats

well... be honest.
    if I had a kid I tell them. look if you really love music go for it, but do not leave school. think about what else you like to do other then music. because about 80% of musician don't make it due to lock of work and motivation so you need a back up plan and if you really want it you need to put the work into it that it requires.

Spacedoutbeats.com

or Sign Up to reply!