Think twice about Rocbattle

1. last year

Technowax

4 Feb 2017 User since 2016 Los Angeles + 239 RP

Had a producer friend get screwed by not getting payouts, I had told him to get out a long time ago. Then I saw this, see attached file.
    SMH.

oh hes definitely taking sales. or someone is. they are a bootleg soundclick. their site has not changed for years. rocwilder USED to get on there. and other big names. but they no longer care about interaction anymore. all about the dollar. they are built off a bunch of false promises for the producer market that knows NOTHING about building their own website. i say that because thats why i joined. same thing as beatstars. they had an awesome strategy offering free pro soundcloud accounts and monetization via youtube and other names. but then they took them away to make you pay money for something you could do yourself.

2. musicbox

4 Feb 2017 User since 2014 Barcelona, Spain + 879 RP

Rocbattle is still a thing? A quick look at the forum made me realize there are some absolute gold threads there. This one will change the beat selling game for sure

http://rocbattle.com/viewtopicrb.php?f=2&t=1257

3. Derrian

4 Feb 2017 User since 2015 + 366 RP
    Edited last year by Derrian

$50 to remove your Beats / Account from Rocbattle?...THIS is still a thing? XD

Closing Your Rocbattle Account
    After you have removed all of your beats, you can request that rocbattle close your account from your member area for a small removal fee. If you no longer want your name indexed in our website, you would need to send a $50 removal processing fee to the following address. True Executives, LLC PO Box 601 DWG PA 18327. Money orders or certified checks only Paid To True Executives.

4. maddmannmuzik

5 Feb 2017 User since 2016 Aiken, S.C. + 659 RP

whenever they revamped their website, 20 of my beats took missing. thats back when i did nothing but sample the oldies. they said they had no knowledge of me ever even having an account... yet my login still worked. few years later i hear 5 of my beats on youtube...

5. Technowax

5 Feb 2017 User since 2016 Los Angeles + 239 RP

'@maddmannmuzik' Do you think they just have weak accounting or do you think Sticky Fingers is knowingly profiting off producers by taking sales.

6. maddmannmuzik

5 Feb 2017 User since 2016 Answer Aiken, S.C. + 659 RP

oh hes definitely taking sales. or someone is. they are a bootleg soundclick. their site has not changed for years. rocwilder USED to get on there. and other big names. but they no longer care about interaction anymore. all about the dollar. they are built off a bunch of false promises for the producer market that knows NOTHING about building their own website. i say that because thats why i joined. same thing as beatstars. they had an awesome strategy offering free pro soundcloud accounts and monetization via youtube and other names. but then they took them away to make you pay money for something you could do yourself.

7. maddmannmuzik

5 Feb 2017 User since 2016 Aiken, S.C. + 659 RP

payouts have always been a problem there. with producer battles and the whole nine. they have their hands in your bank every way possible. not with just commission.

8. Technowax

5 Feb 2017 User since 2016 Los Angeles + 239 RP

Thank you' @maddmannmuzik' I'll avoid Rocbattle

9. ROBBMAC

6 Feb 2017 User since 2016 Midwest + 402 RP

The footer on their website is dated 2013, that's a pretty good indicator that no one is actively looking after that site or the customers (beat makers). Small details like that influence my decisions.

10. 8 months ago

grim

8 Jan 2018 User since 2016 + 372 RP

Wow, this guy is pissed http://rocbattle.com/viewtopicrb.php?f=2&t=1695

11. I remember these fuckheads. They started legit by that stickfingers name came true to form.

12. sontwisted

9 Jan 2018 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2010 RP

This is what shows now on the site -image- B620A9FD-9FD7-4F0D-A3FC-00DA776A3B5C.png

or Sign Up to reply!