Over 30k in Sales

1. 2 years ago

Tone

18 Dec 2016 User since 2016 Florida USA + 795 RP

Just an update from when I started. Posted awhile back about making some sales but I have learned tons since and I want to share.

Things I learned

1. Don't spam your brand
    2. Work on making your beats better
    3. Expand your genre, I currently sell more EDM than anything else
    4. Be patient

Most of the money has come recently and I'll tell you it's because of the recent additions Soundgine made with the player. The new sales options make selling much easier for customers.

Don't ever believe that selling beats is dead or the market is oversaturated. The only thing dead is the person that believes that.

2. Helix

18 Dec 2016 User since 2015 San Diego, California + 815 RP

I see you have a decent flow of traffic. Do you mind sharing your traffic techniques?

3. Tone

Edited 2 years ago by Tone

Sure!

I usually average approx 350 visits a day which isn't much but it's targetted traffic. I actually got the tip from this forum here Guys, there is a goldmine there if you take the time to read.

What I did was setup micro blogs, so for example I have a micro-blog about how buying a beat helps rappers, another one is steps for a rapper to make a song. The more micro blogs you create, the most targetted traffic you get. It's work but pays off literally in the end.

I get sprinkles of other traffic from social media but not like the micro blogs.

4. Helix

18 Dec 2016 User since 2015 San Diego, California + 815 RP

'@tone' Do you mean Mico blogs from a program you buy into or Wordpress and Blogger types.

5. Volume

18 Dec 2016 User since 2015 London + 535 RP
    Edited 2 years ago by Volume

Congrax, just passed my 10k mark but admittingly, I don't work on my craft every day.' @Helix' I think he means Wordpress. You can get Free Wordpress blogs

https://wordpress.com/

6. Tone

Helix is right. Use Wordpress blogs. But here is a protip I learned the hard way.

Use different emails for each blog. Wordpress claims you can create different blogs under one email but Wordpress removed a couple of them because it violated their terms? After some research, I found that Wordpress really restricts to one blog for each account.

7. Razor

18 Dec 2016 User since 2015 Texas + 146 RP

Right on' @Tone' I do something similar marketing wise, its work but like you said, it pays off.

8. Des

18 Dec 2016 User since 2015 + 467 RP

Well done, keep it going!

9. Industry

18 Dec 2016 User since 2016 London + 66 RP

How about Blogger?

10. Tone

19 Dec 2016 User since 2016 Florida USA + 795 RP
    Edited 2 years ago by Tone

@Industry' How about Blogger?

Sorry for the delay in response, family is over for Christmas already, lol.

For some reason, I have not had the same SEO success with Blogger, not sure what it is, Blogger just not as strong like Wordpress in my opinion. I would stick with Wordpress if I were you.

11. Liz Vega

19 Dec 2016 User since 2016 + 987 RP

Hi' @Tone' i'm glad about your results, and honestly i'm in a bad period,you know when you think that maybe you are wasting your time since you think its impossible to make a living with that? well, that's me in that moment.
    So if you don't mind, may i ask you some questions? Maybe its better in private so we don't go off topic, if you prefer this way :)

12. Tone

22 Dec 2016 User since 2016 Florida USA + 795 RP

'@Liz Vega' When did you start selling beats online?

13. sixx

2 Jan 2017 User since 2015 New Mexico + 562 RP

Sales just started to get back up.I don't know about everybody else, but sales usually dip around x-mas / new years.

14. Tone

2 Jan 2017 User since 2016 Florida USA + 795 RP

Sales always go down when (for me anyway)

1. It's Friday
    2. It's Sunday
    3. Any Major holidays (except Black Friday)

15. Deleted 2 years ago by MessyBeat
  16. Liz Vega

2 Jan 2017 User since 2016 + 987 RP

@Tone'' @Liz Vega' When did you start selling beats online?

'
    @Tone' i didn't started yet, even if i produce since a lot of time! I'm trying to understand how website selling work, first of all i'm searching for a good site name. You know, this thing of the website is all new for me so i have some doubts and troubles to set up everything,that's why i asked if i can pm you mate :)

17. sontwisted

5 Jan 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2244 RP

'@Tone' do you do anything special to improve your blogs your SEO rankings

18. BuyMoreBeatsDotCom

25 Feb 2017 User since 2017 30 Min From Sacramento Nor Cal + 164 RP

'@tone' whats your Site? i wanna "peep some game"

or Sign Up to reply!