Smart Bar for Safari

1. 5 years ago

Soundgine

19 Nov 2016 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 22810 RP
    Edited 5 years ago by Soundgine

We added an optional smartbar for Safari

-image-

Quickly access the buy licenses, instantly launch the download and make offer screens.

Smartbar for Safari was made to replace the Spectrum if you want to replace it. We found that Safari has known issues when implementing a spectrum and other issues. Our spectrum is pretty darn awesome, but Safari is very specific (picky more like it)

The spectrum uses a AudioContext Library that works perfectly on all browsers except the guys at Apple. Some experienced a "static" sounds in the beginning of the beat. For those that experience this static, we recommend you switch to the Smartbar

Smartbar will only appear on Safari browsers on a Mac. Turing on this feature will also fix the audio control for Safari.

Smartbar for Safari can be enabled in Settings > Extra Settings
    It is off by default.

We hope that Safari adds full support for AudioContext Library (not just partially), once it does we will update our script.
    Big thanks for @Codemaker for building the Smartbar

2. MessyBeat

19 Nov 2016 Power Contributor User since 2016 London, UK + 1907 RP

Its a shame the lovely Spectrum doesn't work on Safari properly but I do appreciate the fix.

Thanks guys

3. Griffin

19 Nov 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 Colorado + 1177 RP

Nice! I think the spectrum is cool, but the Smartbar might make more sense e-commerce-wise.

4. Sergio

19 Nov 2016 User since 2016 + 103 RP

Damn Apple, typical.

5. Soundgine

@MessyBeatz You have no idea how we constantly have to code JUST for Safari while all the other browsers require minimum effort. Developers are calling Safari the new "Internet Explorer"

This alternative also fixes the volume control on Safari

6. minty

19 Nov 2016 User since 2016 + 500 RP

The spectrum is eye candy. I wonder though if Smartbar was enabled on all browsers, would this be better for our customers? I'll have to do some testing and see what I come up with. How hard would it be to add the option for Smartbar across all browsers?

7. Soundgine

Edited 5 years ago by Soundgine

@minty Very easy to make that happen, as in a matter of hours, but we'll wait and see if there's enough demand on it.

Currently we have some suggestions on the forum from last week that we are going to make a reality. We spent way too much time to figure out it was a limitation on Safari. Ughh :)

8. _pm

19 Nov 2016 User since 2016 + 614 RP

What are you saying about us? I'll resurrect Steve Jobs to come after you bro!
    Haha, JK.

Props for having a backup instead of having a blank space where the spectrum used to be.

9. 80z

19 Nov 2016 User since 2015 + 895 RP

Very cool guys. Thanks

10. Royal

19 Nov 2016 User since 2015 San Diego California + 328 RP

[quote=10608:@_pm]Props for having a backup instead of having a blank space where the spectrum used to be.[/quote]

Yup. mE LIKES IT.

11. MessyBeat

19 Nov 2016 Power Contributor User since 2016 London, UK + 1907 RP

[quote=10602:@Soundgine]@MessyBeatz You have no idea how we constantly have to code JUST for Safari while all the other browsers require minimum effort. Developers are calling Safari the new "Internet Explorer"

This alternative also fixes the volume control on Safari[/quote]

I hear ya - Safari has been causing a lot of problems with you guys lately and I feel like the only person who was reporting them sounding like some nag... Haha. My bad.

I would use FireFox or Chrome but they seem to be very sluggish and slow on my iMac but of course Safari runs super smooth and the fastest. They have me cornered.

12. Soundgine

20 Nov 2016 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 22810 RP

Not doubt Safari is very efficient especially on Mac computers, too bad Safari is extremely specific on what works on their platform. We have reached out to them about AudioContext compatibility, but from what we see it's an actual bug on their end.

Even Apple has bugs "gasp"

or Sign Up to reply!