Where are the sales coming from: Mobile or Desktop?

1. 3 years ago

Doing some research.

Where do most of the beat sales occur? On mobile devices or desktop?

2. Soundgine

24 Sep 2016 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17784 RP

From our data, a good 70% of sales are coming from non-mobile devices, which pretty much means desktop machines. There was a discussion about this on one of the threads, we think the main reason is that mobile devices have horrible speakers and it's kind of risky spending $30-300 on something where you can't hear all the audio dynamics.

Many buyers are listening on mobile but going home to take a listen on their desktop workstation with proper audio playback.

3. Berengere

25 Sep 2016 User since 2016 Lisbon + 277 RP

This is good to know, thanks!

4. '@Soundgine' Thank you for confirming that info. Within the past month 75% of my sales have come from desktop.

Would it be asking too much to provide which states or locations get the most sales?

5. 7 weeks ago

triplehomicide

Jun 19 User since 2016 + 468 RP

In 2020, is everyone still having more success with desktop or has it shifted more to mobile?

6. 5 weeks ago

Tyson

Jun 30 User since 2016 Hawaii + 902 RP

'@triplehomicide' Desktop.

I think most sellers hear previews on mobile but then go home to hear the beats they want to buy on professional monitors, that what my buyers tell me anyway.

7. Breeze

Jun 30 User since 2015 London + 858 RP

Desktop.

8. Soundgine

Jun 30 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17784 RP

Our records show 70% Desktop across the board, as Tyson said serious buyers check the sound on pro equipment. That being said, mobile sales have not dipped.

9. last week

rEcoLynch

Aug 1 User since 2018 + 3 RP

Why is it that when someone visits my vue and are on a mobile phone your system doesn’t automatically forward them to the mobile version of our sites?
    I’m having a lot of complaints especially from iPhone users about problems navigating the vue site on their phones.

or Sign Up to reply!