SEO Tips for 2017
I teach SEO and have done speaking engagements for a few Fortune companies, it's my 2nd love behind music. I wanted to share some tips you would never know worked. These SEO tips are not all directly related to your own www but may impact it indirectly.
1. "Like" video and comments on Youtube. Google see's this as engagement and will bump you higher in Youtube's search algo. Always have your URL in the video description, not having it is a wasted opportunity.
disliking videos and comments will not negatively affect your Youtube search results, but it also won't do anything to help.
2. Create micro blogs that point to your own domain. Already talked about here
3. Do not have your squeeze page stay on your page more than 10 seconds, Google will kill your pagerank, googlebots are very advanced and can surely tell. 7 seconds is a sweet spot.
4. Check your spelling. Sounds stupid, but having misspellings will drop you down a few spacing in the Google search engine.
5. Too many tabs. Google search favors minimal websites. Websites that have 15+ header tabs will be deemed as too confusing, that being said it's not a huge penalty. Websites like Apple get a pass, but if you have little content but have 30 header tab links, you will be docked.
I have more, but I'm about to jump on a flight, just wanted to spread some knowledge on this great community.