The "Godzilla" SEO Thread

1. ‹ Older
  2. 5 years ago

SkillyMusic

10 Mar 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2534 RP
    Edited 5 years ago by Soundgine

@Soundgine'' @SkillyMusic'

There was a time where Google favored full fledged websites, but the problem of keyword stuffing, invisible keyword text, and other blackhat techniques have shifted more importance to votes outside your own website. Yes, VUE is just as good as a regular website in terms of being able to rank high otherwise we wouldn't even bother with the platform.

Google see's #sectionname as it's own page.

VUE is basically a supercharged landing page which by the way auto pings search engine once a day. Google has zero issues with one pagers as its all about the quality of content other than quantity. Metadata isn't as powerful as it used to be but it's definitely still being used. Focus more on the description meta tag.

Questions answered! Thanks! :-D

3. Soundgine

10 Mar 2015 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17776 RP

Alright, I'll level with you.

Most people are looking for the shortcut to ranking high and won't do a single thing posted on this thread. People look the path with least resistance.

but...

If you do the work and you have patience then you will most definitely get the results you are looking for but best of all the work you put in will be permanent.

4. Dreamstar

10 Mar 2015 User since 2014 Italy + 714 RP

I have bought video's and ebooks but this has been the most helpful info all wrapped up in one thread! I am ever so grateful. Can you recommend a web counter?

5. Soundgine

Most people have Google Analytics because its powerful and best of all free but we currently use Clicky

Honestly, both will serve you well and you can't beat free. We prefer Clicky because it has pretty graphs.

6. SkillyMusic

10 Mar 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2534 RP

@Soundgine' Domain Registration Time Matters

There's a lot Google tries to keep to themselves but one of the best kept secrets to SEO is the length your domain name is registered for. Spammers usually keep a domain alive for less than a year tops so Google doesn't give domain names that are registered for less than a year too much weight.

So if you want to tell Google "Hey, I'm in it for the long haul hommie, power me up" register your domain for 3-4 years +. This is an extremely strong signal that you are here to stay. This is tried and tested for the last 10 years of building websites and marketing. It's the first thing we do.

Where you host your domain doesn't matter but stick with .com's.

'
    @Soundgine' I just have to ask more now :)

- I recently registered my domain via namecheap.com for one year. Do you think it's ok to add more years to my domain after I already registered it? Does google "see" the difference?

- Does it matter where I registered my domain? (if that's what you meant in your first post when you talked about the "right home", I'm sorry for asking again, I wasn't sure if you meant the place that I use to build the actual website or the place I register a domain.)

7. Soundgine

'@SkillyMusic' - If you can afford it, always register your domain name anywhere between 2-3 years for starters. It also makes no difference where you register your domain name, so you're good with namecheap.

Again, registering your domain name for X amount of years won't make a huge impact but it's definitely a boost in Google's algorithm.

8. VPower

10 Mar 2015 User since 2014 Los Angeles + 823 RP

Really valuable information here, thank you. I recently focused more on SEO myself and wondered if submitting articles I write to guest bloggers was a good idea. I figured if I submitted an article to a music blog it would be a powerful backlink.

9. Helix

10 Mar 2015 User since 2015 San Diego, California + 861 RP

Perfect timing as I'm about to launch my website too.

Question: Is there a negative SEO impact by having a responsive design website like VUE instead of having a dedicated mobile .m website?

10. Soundgine

Responsive design is much easier than creating a .m version of your website and takes the risk out of dividing your pagerank. This video explains it perfectly.

11. Volume

11 Mar 2015 User since 2015 London + 535 RP

I learned to be patient a long time ago when it comes to SEO. I miss the old times when all you had to do is create an artice for Digg. Sumbit and find your post on he first page of Google.

It's still works, but it must be for a longtail word for sure.

12. maseedproductions

14 Mar 2015 User since 2015 Inland Empire, Ca. + 135 RP

There are so many jewels being dropped in this thread.

13. maseedproductions

14 Mar 2015 User since 2015 Inland Empire, Ca. + 135 RP

There's a lot of things that one must do to get to the top but one of the things that resonated with me the most is the one keyword that I think many of us neglect #team. You can chopped large sized tasks down to size with a team and cover much more ground. This is the model that I'm trying to work on.

14. musicbox

16 Jun 2015 User since 2014 Barcelona, Spain + 971 RP

Bump

15. OxygenBeats

17 Jun 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

'@musicbox' .... um.... why???

16. musicbox

17 Jun 2015 User since 2014 Barcelona, Spain + 971 RP

'@OxygenBeats' Because I want to put good information in front of people on page 1. This thread has 3519 views.

17. legendarybeatz

17 Jun 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1972 RP

This is amazing information, been looking for this for years and I've spent countless dollars on seo. If I create a free wordpress blog like you said' @Soundgine' , Should I only write articles? Or can I upload Youtube videos. Also, Do each article have to have the name of the keyword in it?

18. Soundgine

17 Jun 2015 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17776 RP
    Edited 5 years ago by Soundgine

'@legendarybeatz' When you create your free WordPress blog makes sure it has a title that contains your keyword. So if your keyword is "beat mastering" then register your Wordpress blog as beatmastering.wordpress.com

Definitely add Youtube videos that have the same "beat mastering" title in your video. Some other pointers that will improve your rank for your blogs. Not every article needs the keyword in the title, but mix it up. Write to people, not the search bot, best rule of thumb.

1. Add a "Top 10" list in your blog. Specifically, add a "page" in your blog and give a Top 10 reason to.....
    2. Add a Poll. Not sure if the free version of Wordpress allows polls, but I think they do.
    3. Don't spam your keywords. Yes, Google will notice.
    4. Write posts that average around 400 words each. Don't deviate too much from your blog topic of "beat mastering" After awhile you'll start to think there's nothing else you can write about "beat mastering" but there is, dig deep, think of all angles.
    5. When you add images, name your images "beat-mastering" 'mastering beats" etc. You can get a ton of traffic through the "Google Images" search
    6. DO NOT create multiple blogs through one account. Even though Wordpress says it's ok to create different blogs in one account, your additional blogs will be banned. This means creating different Wordpress blogs using different emails.
    7. Use original images. It takes one complaint and down goes your blog. You won't have this issue if you pay for your own hosting and domain, but that's a different story.

Truthfully, there's ton more I can add but those are the most important from the top of my head.

p.s. - Just realized I repeated things I already mentioned before. I apologize, didn't quite remember what I said back in March.

19. countmorris

17 Jun 2015 User since 2015 Orlando, Florida + 668 RP

'@soundgine' Thank you for this sacred knowledge 8)

20. legendarybeatz

23 Jun 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1972 RP

Thanks for all of this' @Soundgine' !! This helped out a lot. I am actually very interested in the "ton more" that you were talking about. Maybe you can email me or if it's possible to make a thread so everyone can benefit?

21. Soundgine

23 Jun 2015 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17776 RP

What would you like to know specifically. We have a guy inhouse that knows way more than I do SEO wise and will have time today to answer any questions.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!