Handling Your Own Youtube Content ID

1. 3 years ago

Breeze

17 Aug 2016 User since 2015 London + 841 RP

I'm not taking any credit over this info.' @musicbox' was kind enough to provide this not so public Youtube Content ID signup.
    https://www.youtube.com/content_id_signup

Some people don't think it's worth the hassle when dealing with claims, etc, but if you insist on doing this content ID, do it on your own so you can handle any issues directly without having a 3rd person (company). No one is going to be more caring over your Youtube account and your claims than you. After getting my YT account temp banned because this other company didn't handle my claims in time, I decided to do it myself.

Knowledge is king, thank you everybody on this forum, you make my life easier.

2. Ibsenproducer

17 Aug 2016 Power Contributor User since 2016 Venezuela + 2109 RP

@Breeze' I'm not taking any credit over this info.' @musicbox' was kind enough to provide this not so public Youtube Content ID signup.
    https://www.youtube.com/content_id_signup

Some people don't think it's worth the hassle when dealing with claims, etc, but if you insist on doing this content ID, do it on your own so you can handle any issues directly without having a 3rd person (company). No one is going to be more caring over your Youtube account and your claims than you. After getting my YT account temp banned because this other company didn't handle my claims in time, I decided to do it myself.

Knowledge is king, thank you everybody on this forum, you make my life easier.

I send Before my SignUp but it not is Accepted they Accepted you, without problems?

3. last year

itbangz

16 Jun 2018 Power Contributor User since 2016 + 1511 RP
    Edited last year by itbangz

Hey, ' @Breeze' did you figured out how to protect beats from hijacking?
    Or maybe anyone else did?

'
    @Soundgine' what about managing our youtube content id?

4. Breeze

18 Jun 2018 User since 2015 London + 841 RP

Youtube finally accepted me. Truthfully I white lied a bit and said people were stealing my music and affecting my business. I've found 3 other people ripping my beats, but they were tagged and definitely NOT affecting my business if anything it has boosted my name because of the tag.

If you're not tagging your beats on Youtube you're just asking for it. If somebody wants to Hijack your beats, they will. Best thing to do is tag your beats slightly more than usual. Do it tastefully and have 2 variations of the tag. Producer name and a tagline, this way the tag isn't annoying. People more successful than me use www dot. etc as part of the tag.

Anyway, 6 months and after 7 submissions I was accepted.

NEVER let anyone claim rights over your music, not Soundgine, not a beat service, nobody.

5. Mike

18 Jun 2018 User since 2016 New York + 448 RP

From Tone

And don't get me started on Youtube monetization. Couple years ago I did that with Beatstars and what a f***** nitemare. $2 a month for somebody else owning your rights and months and legal letters to get back full control? No thanks.

6. itbangz

19 Jun 2018 Power Contributor User since 2016 + 1511 RP

@Breeze' Youtube finally accepted me. Truthfully I white lied a bit and said people were stealing my music and affecting my business. I've found 3 other people ripping my beats, but they were tagged and definitely NOT affecting my business if anything it has boosted my name because of the tag.

If you're not tagging your beats on Youtube you're just asking for it. If somebody wants to Hijack your beats, they will. Best thing to do is tag your beats slightly more than usual. Do it tastefully and have 2 variations of the tag. Producer name and a tagline, this way the tag isn't annoying. People more successful than me use www dot. etc as part of the tag.

Anyway, 6 months and after 7 submissions I was accepted.

NEVER let anyone claim rights over your music, not Soundgine, not a beat service, nobody.

As ive heard youtube dont give content id to channels smaller than <1m subs. Im not posting tagless instrumentals on youtube, but I need to control people who buy lease and then content id it with CDbaby and taking out monetization and views from my other clients and my own uploads.

Ive uploaded beats to Audiam, but its seems like not working, as I got Zero cents in a year.

or Sign Up to reply!