"Playce" Coming Soon

1. 4 years ago

Soundgine

5 Mar 2015 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17409 RP

We are really making great progress with the charts and market officially called "Playce". We are ultra excited. Our goal is to make it easy for customers to buy not just one track but others from your collection.

-image-

2. maseedproductions

6 Mar 2015 User since 2015 Inland Empire, Ca. + 135 RP

Hell yeah! This was the update I've been looking for. I have no idea how you guys plan to implement this but I can only see it as a huge advantage because it gives buyers the chance to stumble upon your music without you really having to direct them to it via your own website or social network. Soundgine will draw the crowd and truly give your beats an opportunity to sell themselves.

3. [deleted]

8 Mar 2015 User since 1970

Yeah, it's pretty exciting!

4. [deleted]

8 Mar 2015 User since 1970

And I love the wordplay lol

5. Soundgine

9 Mar 2015 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17409 RP

'@OxygenBeats' Really Appreciate it!

6. Soundgine

13 Mar 2015 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17409 RP
    Edited 4 years ago by Soundgine

Working hard on the Search Bar. We have finely tuned search parameters like: Genre, Date Added, Price points, and type. Soundcloud got the search bar right, so we made a similar search but with other added features to make customers easier to find you and your music.

-image-

7. Volume

13 Mar 2015 User since 2015 London + 535 RP

I have a feeling this is going to be fantastic!

8. VPower

13 Mar 2015 User since 2014 Los Angeles + 823 RP

Can't wait!

9. [deleted]

13 Mar 2015 User since 1970

Yo that's me!!! hahaha :D

10. maseedproductions

14 Mar 2015 User since 2015 Inland Empire, Ca. + 135 RP

If yall do this right, you'll be giving beatstars.com , soundclick, and bandcamp a run for their money. It's turning into a market place and not just a beat selling application. Dope thing about it is that all of us cats that are apart of it right now and have been getting sells get in at the top. The trend I see among the top beat sellers on the net is that at a certain point, they teamed up to cast a bigger net. They have more variety, more products, more social and on-line presence, and faster service turn around times because they operate as teams. I'm trying to build something like that now. I invite serious producers to hit me up direct at info@maseedproductions.com so that I can send you the business proposal that I've been working on in which soundgine is basically at the center of it.

Peace.

11. [deleted]

14 Mar 2015 User since 1970

Not if, but will. They WILL be giving them a run for their money and then some. Even if it's not a hit right off, just give it time. Because even if they do it wrong, I know that they'll continue to perfect it until it's right. That's the attitude they bring. Most other companies are just lazy and hardly care about feedback.

Hardly anything is a hit right off the bat. It takes a lot of hard work and patience. But the reason I'm so confident in it without even knowing the details is because I'm so confident in the soundgine team. It's people that make companies. It's people that make communities. And after dealing with so many other companies, and so many other people, I can say with certainty that soundgine has the best people!

12. Soundgine

16 Mar 2015 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17409 RP

That's awesome, Thx' @OxygenBeats'

This is what we promise.

We intent to be the best market / charts system ever built even if it takes us a bit longer after the initial launch. We expect tons of feedback and we will build on top of an already solid foundation, you can count on that. Our approach is minimal yet powerful and easy to understand.

Take a look at the Apple store. Every product is on it's own table and it's a no brainer store layout which is no accident. This is our thinking

Now imagine a swap meet where everything is a clustered mess. There is zero conformity and lots of useless information. We see a lot of this on other websites, so the key here is simple and powerful.

You talk about "people". You are 100% right on the mark. We are fortunate and grateful of having great design and alien-like coders that can develop anything. We are further grateful having "people" like you giving us feedback and ideas.

"Together" is what its all about.

13. [deleted]

16 Mar 2015 User since 1970

I totally agree!! Can't wait! Do you guys have a deadline/release date for it yet? Or a month?

14. Soundgine

24 Mar 2015 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17409 RP

'@OxygenBeats'

We are at the 60% mark. We think within 30 days or less is a reasonable date. We decided to build a mobile compatible version of Playce as well. It was going to be just a desktop type website but thought otherwise.

15. [deleted]

25 Mar 2015 User since 1970

'@Soundgine' Yeah, I think mobile is almost a must! But hopefully you guys don't go past deadline! Myflashstore just released a new version of their site with a better marketplace and everything. I think they are trying to cash in all the people dropping from soundclick, which is of course a great thing to do.... but if you let them have free reign for too long, there will hardly be anything left for you guys to take haha.. and myflashstore combined with soundclick's traffic would be a scary beast to compete with.

Also, if you guys really want "Playce" to be a hit, I think you should incentivize the top charting beat makers from other sites to join it. People are like sheep. When they see that the top people are using it, they will all flock to it themselves. Even if it means paying them a good portion of money.. I think paying some of the top producers that have large followings to switch would be far more valuable than regular ads.

Just my two cents!

16. Helix

25 Mar 2015 User since 2015 San Diego, California + 802 RP
    Edited 4 years ago by Helix

Meh, the new MFS website doesn't impress me and the marketplace looks like it was designed by Fisher Price, just plain clunky. Seriously looks like they bought a template off Themeforest and plugged in some graphics, and the forum looks like shit. After 5 years of no real updates and this was their "comeback"? lol

They did add credit card integration and images to the player but Soundgine already has this. Basically, they are playing catch up.

They left the door wide open for you guys. What's your response?

17. [deleted]

25 Mar 2015 User since 1970

'@Helix '; you're like Vegeta in this video from 38:26 to 39:40

The new myflashstore is pretty simple and sleek, and it works well on mobile. They already have a large portion of soundclick's traffic. They will be a tough competitor... you're just too proud too admit it!! lol

Pride is important, but don't let it get in the way of your reason. As it stands, both parties have pros/cons.

Actually' @Soundgine' , the mobile beat store on myflashstore has a slight buffer space between the store and the edge of the screen. Can you guys implement this with your mobile versions? Because when I'm on the mobile store, it's EXTREMELY hard to scroll down the page, because the whole page is taken up by the store... when I try to scroll down the page, it just scrolls down through the beats instead. Since there's a navigation button at the top, it wouldn't be too big of a deal... except on the mobile version, the play buttons and stuff is located at the bottom of the player.... so it's a real b%$#! to get to lol

18. Helix

25 Mar 2015 User since 2015 San Diego, California + 802 RP

'@OxygenBeats' Haha, that was great XD

But I can assure you my opinion on the new MFS is honest with no "pride" behind it, I honestly do feel it looks like ass straight up. It's "simple" but not "sleek" (in my opinion)

But then again, I've been around tons of design in my early days back when 2advanced.com was turning web design on it's back. But don't you worry, if Playce comes out with a template look for the charts and market, I'll be saying the same thing.

19. Soundgine

25 Mar 2015 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17409 RP

2advanced.com happened to be my biggest design influences back 10 years ago and Eric Jordan's work is still ahead of its time. I clearly remember going to Barnes and Noble and literally taking pictures of his flash tutorials and using his formulas in my design. But it wasn't just his programming, his design is next level.

To this day, I use his "break the mold" design methodology.

Found this video on Youtube (This is a great motivational video in general)

20. Soundgine

25 Mar 2015 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17409 RP

'@OxygenBeats' We intend to go back on all our players after Playce is done and modify each one design and optimize.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!