Most Important Thing You Have Learned?

1. 3 years ago

29 Jul 2016 User since 2016 + 246 RP

Hello! Just started here. B)

What's the most important thing you have learned overall since the start of producing?

2. Tyson

29 Jul 2016 User since 2016 Hawaii + 882 RP

I can write a list, but you asked for the most important.

"Believe in yourself"

3. Nuro

29 Jul 2016 User since 2016 + 291 RP

"Don't depend on a service or feature to make or break you"

That includes Soundgine. The M7 player is the holy grail but in the end, it's just a tool. Never think that a new feature or update will magically pour in sales, it doesn't work that way.

Depend on yourself! Be the driving force of your brand, be the producer that learns to be a better beat maker, be the producer that masters marketing.

4. _pm

29 Jul 2016 User since 2016 + 582 RP

Be realistic.

I also want to say be honest. Expect to have dry spells selling beats. I am very impatient by nature so when I go weeks without selling it's easy for me to say, "eff this shit". Then I take a look at why I'm not making sales, and the breakdown it simple

1. Are my beats whack? Yes? Then make them better
    2. I'm I playing video games more often that not? Yes? Get to work
    3. Is my presentation weak? Yes? Clean up my site and hire a graphic designer

Even then, sales might be slow.
    Telling yourself that selling beats is not a guaranteed sale every day. I bet there are lots of things you can improve the length of droughts.

Also if you are on top, be realistic and tell you the next better "you" is coming up. What are YOU going to do be a step ahead.

5. Griffin

29 Jul 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 Colorado + 1080 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by Griffin

Never be satisfied with your current skillset.

Once you become satisfied, you will instinctively stop learning and expanding your knowledge. Great question' @808' I don't think that has ever been asked here.

or Sign Up to reply!