Beatstars

1. 3 years ago

ca$t

27 Jul 2016 User since 2016 + 124 RP

What do you guys think about beatstars? People are saying it is the new wave, that selling beats on youtube is dead etc.
    Im not sure i think it's just another beatplayer and that the big producers that switched to it maybe did it for a contract or whatever.
    Idk lol, i would love to hear your guys opinions. (if its not allowed to talk about other sites just remove the thread.)

2. Griffin

27 Jul 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 Colorado + 1080 RP

Tried it and meh....has features I never used and came down to having the best beat player which Soundgine has.

3. 80z

27 Jul 2016 User since 2015 + 863 RP

@Griffin '; Tried it and meh....has features I never used and came down to having the best beat player which Soundgine has.

+1

4. 80z

27 Jul 2016 User since 2015 + 863 RP

Agreed. It does come down to what you are looking for. You can't EVER pry me away from the M7 player.' @ca$t' I'm sure you're not trying to start a flame war but most people on this forum has chose Soundgine as their platform after comparing.

5. Des

27 Jul 2016 User since 2015 + 467 RP

Both have strengths but Soundgine has what matters to me

- A better beat store
    - Easy checkout system
    - All the new features that recently came out

Tried them all and Soundgine converts MUCH better.

6. Deleted 3 years ago by ca$t
  7. ca$t

Okay, well i was curious because two big producers i usually come across on youtube constantly says how advertising your beats on youtube is dead and that this beatstars is the new wave for artists to find your beats, and i don't see how lol, it's just another player, the only thing i see is that artists can search like "drake type beat" on the site. But yeah im not trying to start a flame war i was just thinking about it and wanted to hear some others opinions. Im not switching haha

8. Tyson

27 Jul 2016 User since 2016 Hawaii + 882 RP

Youtube content ID? Tried it and got pennies from it. If you want to try it yourself, sign up and upload your music to Youtube yourself, you don't need another service to do that. In addition, you have to know that people get paid to say whatever to promote, be smart.

The only thing you need to focus on is YOUR marketing and YOUR product. These extra "stuff" is just smoke and mirrors, I fell for it....doesn't mean you have to. You're welcome B)

9. ca$t

'@tyson' I actually have a youtube channel were i upload beats, but on a completely different note lol, were are good places to advertise other than social media and youtube?

10. Tyson

Edited 3 years ago by Tyson

90% email list and the rest via Instagram & Twitter. Personally, all the effort should be on collecting emails this is your bloodline and don't let anybody tell you any different. I know producers that jumped on any train to fast track sales (other beat stores, E-books, videos, etc) literally spending hundreds and 99% they come full circle ending up wasting money.

I have 15,000 email subscribers and THIS is the lifeline.
    Other producers have 30k + and currently working on that.

This is how my breakdown. You get 1 sale for every 100 QUALITY emails you send to.
    =======================

On Instagram you should post a 30 sec clip of you beat (video or audio, I just use my iphone and record my computer) and tag the post with #beatforsale and other tags people search for. This works guys. I do the same on Twitter.

Utilize whatever you can to get those email addresses.

11. ca$t

'@Tyson' I have used an email list in the past but i couldn't get it going , and it got too expensive, i used aweber, and im currently restarting my business kinda som im most definitely going to get mailchimp now and activate my squeeze page again. And i have been thinking about getting an instagram for the longest so now im definitely going to get that too. Do you get your email subscribers from you website only? Thanks a lot for putting me on game for free.

12. DNINE

27 Jul 2016 User since 2016 Brazil + 128 RP

'@ca$t' Listen to' @Tyson' dude has helped ALOT personally without asking for anything in return.

13. Tyson

'@ca$t' The M7 has a free beat mode and that asks for emails so I would use that. Obviously, make sure the demo beat you upload is tagged.' @Soundgine' mentioned a GREAT feature that they will be adding to VUE fairly soon that's really going to boost SEO and open new doors. They said to keep it under wraps, but trust me, it's a great thing. Anyway, you can further your email collection with this as well.

The squeeze page is a good way too so activate that.

But don't just rely on automated email collection. I got my earlier emails from offering a free beat I posted on facebook in exchange for an email, it was manual but it was organic.

Youtube is awesome for eyes no doubt. I've seen producers upload 30 sec clips and in the description they say to contact for the beat with permission to add to an email list. Something I may do in future. Just because I don't believe in Youtube content ID, doesn't mean YT is not ultra powerful, it is.

posting on Youtube may be just as effective or better than Instagram. Make sure you have great Youtube

14. Tyson

'@DNINE' Nah b*tch, you owe me $10000. JK (^_^)/

15. DNINE

27 Jul 2016 User since 2016 Brazil + 128 RP

Hahaha.

-image-

16. ca$t

'@Tyson' okay thanks a lot again man, but could you explain a bit more about youtube content id? all i know is that you can get money from people using your beats from it.

17. Tyson

Edited 3 years ago by Tyson

Yup you got it get paid if people use your beat.

IF that ever happens it's not alot of money...pennies. But for me it was the hassle of claims. I myself had to deal with claims where people say it's actually your music, etc. You have to prove it's actually your beat etc etc.

There's a lot of sharks out there, and got tired of battling, it wasn't worth the battle I was doing fighting strikes on my Youtube account for pennies.

18. ca$t

'@Tyson' okay, but man thanks a lot again for putting me on game, i just gotta get my website straight, some production stuff finished and then im gonna put this all into effect

19. sixx

27 Jul 2016 User since 2015 New Mexico + 562 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by sixx

Lost my Youtube account for 30 days thanks for this Youtube Content BS. Somebody used my beats and remixed them, reuploaded and claimed it was their material.

It got ugly fast, had to send Youtube letters from my lawyer and still nothing got done. It took a lawsuit to the person claiming my stuff that prompted him to close his account. Got my account back after 30 days. Turns out this happens alot and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Youtube is so damn flag happy. Content ID software needs TONS of work. It's easy for somebody to take, remix and tell Youtube to flag you, false claims, etc.

20. Tyson

Yup, that video is from 3 years ago and it's got worse.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!