Player Security News (Price Hacking)

1. 5 years ago

Soundgine

20 Jul 2016 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 22810 RP

So as some of you are aware, there was some hack transactions for 0.01 where they attempted to access your downloads but were unsuccessful. If you did not get your "congratulations" email, the buyer does not get any download links. No download links were given out during this silly raid.

We know of which tool that was used and Paypal is aware of it. This tool changes your prices to 0.01 midway through Soundgine and Paypal. The bad news is that you still might see these annoying transactions go through. The good news is that it doesn't matter, we have placed security to combat giving out links to these hacked prices.

Other platforms suffer with this issue as well, we just hope they have a fallback security system like we do. Anyway, no need to stress guys, you are protected.

2. Nuro

20 Jul 2016 User since 2016 + 311 RP
    Edited 5 years ago by Nuro

I'm a security developer myself (I know exactly the tool you are talking about) and wanted to test out what you said about "other platforms" so obviously I tested a random Myflashstore beat store. I was able to change the price to 0.01 no problem.

-image-

=========================
    Soundgine is absolutely right, it's all about the code you put in place to fight this hack. From what I can see Soundgine has done an excellent job with verification code.

B)

3. Soundgine

Edited 5 years ago by Soundgine

We just added a few more security measures plus an auto email that is sent to you if this happens again. This email comes from our security department that explains the situation and verifies that no download links have been sent. These security emails are instantly dispatched.

Thank you everyone for your patience. As always, situations like these make our system stronger everytime.

4. Griffin

20 Jul 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 Colorado + 1177 RP

Thank you! You guys are the best. The back up security email letting us know what's up is all we really want. We just want to be informed.

5. Jaytay

20 Jul 2016 User since 2015 + 344 RP

Man I know how to hack MFS prices too,..,lol! I should make a video on Youtube and post it here XP

6. Ibsenproducer

20 Jul 2016 Power Contributor User since 2016 Venezuela + 2320 RP

-image-

7. Soundgine

[quote=8995:@Jaytay]Man I know how to hack MFS prices too,..,lol! I should make a video on Youtube and post it here XP[/quote]

Don't. We won't tolerate that type of behavior here. If you post anything like that, you will be banned from the forum and your account dropped. Dead serious.

8. Thanks for the info. I was unaware of this.

9. Soundgine

@taynoelproductions

Yeah, it's an old tool that wannabe hackers use. But you're covered.

10. Breeze

20 Jul 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 London + 1212 RP

So basically if we don't see the congratulations email then the buyer doesn't get the download links? That's a sign they didn't get the downloads?

11. Soundgine

[quote=9001:@Breeze]So basically if we don't see the congratulations email then the buyer doesn't get the download links? That's a sign they didn't get the downloads?[/quote]

100% correct.

12. [quote=8999:@Soundgine]@taynoelproductions

Yeah, it's an old tool that wannabe hackers use. But you're covered.[/quote]

Ok cool thanks!

13. breadoflifemusic

29 Jul 2016 User since 2015 Detroit, MI + 26 RP

I was a bit concerned about the hack that they got through SOUNGINE TEAM assured me there were NO DOWNLOADS...I also looked into my account and saw NO NEW SALES...It Only showed up in my paypal...So THANK THE MESSIAH FOR THE SOUNDGINE TEAM!!!! Very Quick Reply and FIX!!! Kudo's.

Blessings-Don

14. minty

29 Jul 2016 User since 2016 + 500 RP

Yep, enjoy the free pocket change you're getting :)
    I know Soundgine added an auto-email to you letting you know if your account is tampered with. In that email it tells you if download links were sent, but you don't have anything to worry about @breadoflifemusic they have it secured.

Welcome to the forum.

15. breadoflifemusic

29 Jul 2016 User since 2015 Detroit, MI + 26 RP

Thanks @minty. Glad to be here. Should have BEEN here...just so busy working, creating, and Grinding for The Kingdom! Thanks :-D

16. Vinyl Richy

9 Aug 2016 User since 2016 Kansas City, MO + 55 RP

Glad to see you guys are on top of this!

or Sign Up to reply!